A high proportion of modern workplaces are built around computer networks and a business infrastructure requiring high levels of technical knowledge. Entering such a working environment demands expertise in a number of core skills. Thankfully, the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development provides the perfect foundation that will enable you to become a sought-after asset in the IT and computing sectors. Studying the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development enables students to become capable of complete system management, software development, the installation of IT networks, and much more. The array of specialist modules and practical work placements mean you will become accustomed to the working practices, and learn the key skills necessary to succeed in your future career.
- BTEC Level 3 Qualification in a related subject area.
- GCE Advanced Level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject. This is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C
- Other related Level 3 Qualification
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate
- Related work experience
- Students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, can demonstrate capability in English at a standard commensurate to: IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections.
MODULES ON THIS COURSE INCLUDE:
- Unit 1: Business Skills and e-Commerce (15 credits) – Y/601/1244
- Unit 2: Computer Systems (15 credits) – L/601/0466
- Unit 3: Employability and Professional Development (15 credits) – M/601/1251
- Unit 4: Project Design Implementation and Evaluation (20 credits) – L/601/0995
- Unit 9: Systems Analysis and Design (15 credits) – K/601/1281
- Unit 14: Website Design (15 credits) – J/601/1286
- Unit 17: Database Design Concepts (15 credits) – R/601/0447
- Unit 24: Networking Technologies (15 credits) – M/601/0472
- Unit 29: e-Commerce Strategy (15 credits) – T/601/1994
- Unit 30: Information Systems in Organisations (15 credits) – M/601/1444
- Unit 33: Data Analysis and Design (15 credits) – H/601/1991
- Unit 35: Web Applications Development (15 credits) – K/601/1510
- Unit 37: Digital Image Creation and Development (15 credits) – Y/601/6721
- Unit 44: Local Area Networking Technologies (15 credits) – L/601/1547
- Unit 50: Work-based Experience (15 credits) – D/601/0998
- Unit 51: Computer Systems Architecture (10 credits) – J/601/2003